Scooping to Victory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Scooping to Victory

Who knew playing children's card games could be so fun?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
The forum will be going through some graphical and possible layout changes. We are sorry for any thing that looks out of place or perhaps is overlapping or has error symbols. We are working on it.
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Market Watch~
Replacing the Titans (Custom Card Idea) EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:23 pm by Admin

» Keyrunes Magic deck
Replacing the Titans (Custom Card Idea) EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 2:55 am by Admin

» The 50 Shades of Liliana
Replacing the Titans (Custom Card Idea) EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 2:53 am by Admin

» Pokemon Black 2 White 2 Promo Video
Replacing the Titans (Custom Card Idea) EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 12:11 am by Kralyos

» The Kitten Pride
Replacing the Titans (Custom Card Idea) EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 3:13 am by SpikeTheSharpFang

» M13 Spoilers and Release
Replacing the Titans (Custom Card Idea) EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 5:58 pm by SpikeTheSharpFang

» Dawning of the Exalted
Replacing the Titans (Custom Card Idea) EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 2:27 am by SpikeTheSharpFang

» Friday Night Magic June 2012
Replacing the Titans (Custom Card Idea) EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 3:35 pm by SpikeTheSharpFang

» Deviant Art
Replacing the Titans (Custom Card Idea) EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 10:54 pm by Eureka

Replacing the Titans (Custom Card Idea)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SpikeTheSharpFang
Admin
Admin
SpikeTheSharpFang

Replacing the Titans (Custom Card Idea) Empty
PostSubject: Replacing the Titans (Custom Card Idea)   Replacing the Titans (Custom Card Idea) EmptyWed May 30, 2012 2:22 am

As we all know in M13 the Titans (Primeval, Frost, Inferno, Grave, and Sun) are NOT getting reprinted and are getting the boot out for the next format.

Now I was talking to a friend a while back about making a set of 5-6 cards to replace the titans, for fun. I told him I would draw up the sketches for it.

THAT was a while ago.

At any rate, using the ideas we stormed up, I decided to pick them back up.

The base idea was a 3 drop (two of its color and 1 colorless) creature (we said dragon but that was up to debate) that was 3/3.
Now we also wanted a unique trigger for their effects, or at least one that hasn't been used for a set of 5.

Enter the battlefield was the titans so that was moot.
When it dies was the kamigawa big dragons, so that wasn't preferable if these ended up as dragons. They'll be like... baby versions.

We settled on a tap:effect mechanic. Hopefully, a cost-less tap.
Also, we wanted the effect to follow suit with the color. Like the stereotypes of the color, much like the titans did. (the blue guy can tap or draw cards, red can burn, white can heal/prevent/etc, etc, etc)

SO:
To sum that up, the base concept we came up with was.
Spoiler:

Just an example of what I was thinking of a frame.
Now here's the thing.

As I was drawing one of the dragons today (the blue one), he ended up more serpenty than I thought. But that's went I thought, hey.... they could be serpents!
Or something else along those lines. Or anything. Bears. Memnites.

So now I'm here.
What I'm asking is for you guys to pleaaaassseee pitch your ideas for this.
Like creature types, cost, effects, P/T, the whole 9 yards.
You don't need a neat picture or anything, just a slights contribution could help.

But in the mean time however, I'll keep sketching.
Thanks a head of time peoples.
Back to top Go down
http://spikethesharpfang.deviantart.com/
Zap Fosho
Noobie
Noobie

PostSubject: Re: Replacing the Titans (Custom Card Idea)   Replacing the Titans (Custom Card Idea) EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 1:08 pm

I don't think it will be dragons, but it will probably be a higher cost. Maybe 3 and 2 of each color. I think it will probably be a mana effect since they havent really done anything like that. What type of creature however, I got no idea
Back to top Go down
SpikeTheSharpFang
Admin
Admin
SpikeTheSharpFang

PostSubject: Re: Replacing the Titans (Custom Card Idea)   Replacing the Titans (Custom Card Idea) EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 6:44 pm

Well this was a more of a fan card thing xD
And dragons are fanservice for the fan boys~

What do you mean by a mana abillity? Like a Llandowar Elf abillity or like pay like "(2)U:Effect"?
I like the concept of tapping since it staves off spamming. Although if we put an mana payment alone we *could* drop the mana cost of the creature itself since you have to pay more to make it useful.

When I was thinking a three drop, i was thinking the effects were not exactly game changing, although if we would like to push the cost up, the effects of course would power up.

You have any ideas what the effects could be?
Thanks for the input! :3
Back to top Go down
http://spikethesharpfang.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replacing the Titans (Custom Card Idea)   Replacing the Titans (Custom Card Idea) Empty

Back to top Go down

Replacing the Titans (Custom Card Idea)
Page 1 of 1